Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Freezer Food: Teriyaki Chicken

Here is the second freezer meal (found here) this Conner Clan has tried.  I'd probably give it 3 out of 5 stars, mostly because of the ease of the recipe, and a little for the taste.  I'm not sure what I would have done differently, but the carrots tasted like they came from a roast instead of teriyaki chicken...and that kinda ruined the meal for me. Bummer.  So, as promised...

Teriyaki Chicken

Ingredients:
4 Chicken Breasts
1 Large Bag of Baby Carrots
1 Red Onion
2 (20 oz) Cans of Pineapples undrained
4 Chopped Garlic Cloves
1.5 C Teriyaki Sauce
2 Gallon Freezer Bags
2 Quart Freezer Bags

Directions:
1. On each bag write: Teriyaki Chicken, Date, Low 8 hrs. OR Hi 4 hrs. Serve over Rice
2. In each bag put: 2 chicken breasts, 1 can of undrained pineapples, half of the large bag of baby carrots, 2 chopped garlic cloves, and .5 C teriyaki sauce.
3. Cut the onion into large chunks and put half of it in each bag.
4. Put .25 C teriyaki sauce into each of the quart bags. (You will add this to the crockpot halfway into cooking)
5. Let all the air out, lay flat, and freeze

See?  Super easy to assemble.  Maybe it was something I did wrong, so if you enjoy it, let me know!

Until next time...
j squared & e squared

P.S. I have an appointment on Thursday, and will update you on No.2 then!

No comments:

Post a Comment