Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Easiest. Omelets. Ever.

Being pregnant with No. 2 has been nothing short of crazy, and this includes my cravings!  I won't go into detail about ALL of them, but one in particular has me scratching my head.  The culprit?  EGGS.  It's not that I don't like them or have anything against them, it's just that they're...well...eggs.

Thankfully, I remembered a recipe my daddy found a few years ago from a website somewhere in some state far away.  I (obviously) don't remember where, but if I ever do, I'll be sure to link it HERE!  Until then, I'll share the recipe for the Easiest Omelets...Ever!

Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-Anything you like in your omelet
   Suggestions: spinach, onions, cheese, chives, bell peppers, tomatoes, bacon, ham, turkey, sausage, etc.
-Toppings (salsa, sour cream, etc.)

Directions:
1. Boil water
2. While your water is heating, mix your eggs and extras in a glass or bowl (glass is easier).
3. Pour egg mixture into quart size ziplock.
4. Boil for 13 minutes.

*The directions specifically say TWO eggs and THIRTEEN minutes. I've never strayed from this, but you're more than welcome to try!
**You can fit 6-8 bags in a large pot, and still have a good outcome.  Anymore, and they might take longer to cook.

Hopefully you enjoy this as much as our family does!

Did/do you have any weird cravings during your pregnancy?!

Until next time...
j squared & e squared

No comments:

Post a Comment