After looking around and making sure it is developing properly, she started looking at my uterus. She saw the three different spots where the bleedings are, and her attitude completely changed. The worst spot is at the top of the placenta and has caused it to separate from the uterine wall, but only minimally. She wasn't very concerned about it at all. The second spot is about halfway down and still about 4cm, but not nearly as thick as she was expecting...it's actually VERY thin, and she doesn't think it will affect anything very much if at all. And finally, the third spot is right by my cervix. As of right now, this one isn't near the placenta.
After looking a little more, and "playing" with #2, she assured me that things were much better than she initially expected. Instead of carrying and nurturing this baby for only 4-5 more weeks, she told me to set a goal of 28 weeks. The baby would still be extremely premature, but still have a very strong chance of living!
I am so blessed to serve a God that heals and listens to the prayers of the deepest desires of our hearts!
Steps we are taking to give this baby the best chance at life:
1. I will, along with my OB, be seeing a high risk doctor. No matter who I see, I will be seen at least weekly from here on out.
2. I am to immediately stop taking any medicines that could potentially make me nauseated. She doesn't want my body to have any unnecessary straining.
3. I'm not allowed to pick up E Baby anymore. This one breaks my heart. :(
4. I'm on very strict bed rest still.
5. I am taking baby aspirin to hopefully thin out the blood "up in there."
So, as of now, we have very very good news, and a little not so great news. At this point, I will take any hope that I can get.
Thank you to each and every one of my family and friends for the PRAYERS, phone calls, texts, visits, and perfectly timed words of encouragement. Words could never express how grateful I am for you, and I can only hope and pray that one day I will be given the opportunity to repay even a fraction of the generosity you have shown me.
Please continue to pray for:
- Healing of my body and continued healthy development of the baby. One risk that we face is an extremely small baby, so please also pray that this would not be an issue.
- Elliot and Jarrod as they continue to adjust to this new life.
- My saint of a mother...she is nothing short of amazing.
- Wisdom for my doctors
There isn't much I can do for our baby right now, and there is no one else's I would rather it be, than in the hands of the One who created us.
Come, let us shout joyfully to the Lord, shout triumphantly to the rock of our salvation! Let us enter His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout triumphantly to Him in song. For the Lord is a great God, a great King above all gods. The depths of the earth are in His hand, and the mountain peaks are His. The sea is His; He made it. His hands formed the dry land.
Again, I will try my best to update you as much as possible.
Thank you and love,
J Squared and E Squared