Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wish You Were Here...


As I write this from my living room couch, I wish I was there too! But, as Jarrod's and my second anniversary approaches, we will be sitting on our couch, watching movies, and eating take-out. That's right, people, this lady is back on bed rest, and this time my doctor means it!

Yesterday, we had our doctor's appointment and it couldn't have come any sooner. Ever since Sunday, my contractions continually got worse. At 34 weeks I was convinced my uterus was going to fall out. Awesome, right?! Any who, my doctor checked my cervix, and sure enough I am almost 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Progress! After she checked my cervix, she did a quick ultra sound to make sure Elliot is doing well. Anyone care to guess how rotten this little girl is? No need, I'll go ahead and tell you...since being on bed rest, Elliot has been such a good baby, but now when I'm ready for her to come out, she of course is breach. Thanks girl, 'preciate it! When I told her what all had been going on this past week and seeing how much pain I was in (and maybe even a few minutes of begging her to induce me), she sent me over to the hospital's testing center to see why my contractions were so hard.

When I first got there, my contractions were 6-8 minutes apart. They tested my blood to see if Elliot's had gotten mixed in with mine. Negative. I also got a nice shot of muscle relaxers and pain killers and a pill to stop my contractions. When my contractions were far enough apart, I was released on STRICT bed rest. Our next big ultra sound is Monday and appointment is Friday.

I know we've only got two more weeks until Elliot is considered term, but I can't help but feel a little selfish and hope she comes out before then (like today). Please pray for my patience and comfort, Elliot's development, and Jarrod's continued support as the three of us take these next few weeks day to day.

Until Monday...

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying Miss Elliot will turn herself around soon!....your Mom keeps me updated but I enjoy reading your posts...praying for comfort, patience, and for your sweet baby girl to be born healthy....Jarrod is going to spoil her just as he does you....what a good man!....love ya.

    ReplyDelete