Thursday, June 7, 2012

Profile Pictures

Jarrod and I have a pretty large living room that we are able to double as E Baby's play room (for now).  The other day, I decided to make little decor for the super boring and painful to look at empty wall that we consider her "play wall".


Anyone want to come clean my house?!


Super cute right? Thanks to Hobby Lobby's 66% off sale, I was able to do this project for less than $20!

Anywho, while I love how it turned out, the wall was still lacking a little something.  I sent a picture of it to my awesome sisters-in-law, and one of them had the idea to do Elliot's silhouette. As you can see here, our sweet girl is growing and changing quickly, and I wanted to capture her sweet profile at this age.

A while back, I had seen this tutorial by one of my favorite bloggers and put it away in my mental filing cabinet for later use.  When Lauren showed me the same tutorial, I knew it was time to do it!

The instructions said to download this program, but I couldn't get it to work, so I turned to my trusty, long time friend, Paint. It took me WAY longer than it should have, but I know Paint, and it worked. :)

After a couple hours of editing, $20 at Hobby Lobby, and a failed attempt to print the picture at FedEx (I showed up with the wrong card), I finally ended up with this sweet little silhouette.

Isn't this the cutest profile ever?! After resizing the picture, I printed it out and started to put it all together. I layered an 11x14" black/white mat inside a 16x20" black/white mat for a little extra depth, and I LOVE how it turned out with the black frame and black silhouette!



No, my curtains don't poke out like that.
A certain girl may or may not have been playing in them!
It's still lacking something on the left.  Hopefully E will cooperate and let me take her 1 yr foot and hand prints. If not, I'm sure I can find something else to go there!


No comments:

Post a Comment