Friday, March 4, 2011

Edwards Genes

HIII!!!

Today is a really good day! :)  Not only did I get great news from my doctor, I got to craft (more on that later)!

At the appointment, I considered myself VIP at the dr.'s office. I barely had time to sit down before I was called to the back, was put in a room right next to the bathroom (prime real estate for this pregnant lady), and I left before anyone else had a chance to make it back there.  Oh yeah.  Preferred customer!

Here are the updates:

1. Everything is the same.  Again, I apologize for all the suspense!

But seriously...

1. I don't have gestational diabetes.  I consider this a HUGE blessing, not only because it's diabetes (and who wants that?!) but also because my diet consists of mostly sugar - how else am I going to make sure Elliot is so sweet?!  ( I celebrated this news with a candy bar this afternoon!)

2. I had the "pleasure" of getting the RhoGAM shot today.  For those of you who don't know, I have a negative blood type, and this shot is to protect Elliot and I in case she has a positive blood type.  It basically keeps our blood from going at war against each other.  Anywho, enough with the science lecture.  If you have to get this shot and your nurse tells you it doesn't hurt, SHE IS A LIAR!  Seriously.  It's more painful than a tetanus shot and I may or may not have cried :'(

3. My doctor called Elliot "Skeletor!"  I affectionately nicknamed her that early on in our pregnancy after seeing an ultrasound picture of her skull, and it has kinda stuck (mostly with me).  I told my doc about that after seeing another skull shot this afternoon, and that's what she called her for the rest of the appointment!  Have I mentioned how AWESOME she is?!

4. I'm getting REALLY spoiled by getting to see our baby girl progress weekly.  Today she was in a diver's position - head down...hands down...feet down...butt UP!  It has also been confirmed (again) that she is in fact a "she."  I got to see a head full of hair ( that's right people, straight Edwards genes right there) ANNNDDD she also showed me how she can open her mouth real wide and stick out her tongue.  She makes her momma so proud! ;)

5. Doc isn't too worried anymore about me delivering any day now, but thinks it will be somewhere between 36-38 weeks.  This means she could be an Easter baby!  How awesome would it be if her birthday was associated with the day Sweet Jesus resurrected so we could live!  This is also about the same birthday time as my oldest brother, Justin, my precious niece, Madison, and my super duper mom, Mom!

6. I'm still technically on bed rest, but I'm allowed to go and do as I please.  My only two conditions are to rest if I start having contractions, and no major Target shopping trips!  She told me she wasn't mad at my friend for going, and she trusts my friend to listen to her body!

That's about it for this week.  Jarrod is, as usual, the best husband a girl could want.  He is after all a Conner!  I'm still feeling really great - no morning sickness for the past month and very few headaches.  I still get out of breath easily and my contractions still hurt and are making me sore, but I'm continuously counting my blessings - like a REALLY strong uterus!

Until next time...

Jill

No comments:

Post a Comment