Monday, December 3, 2012

Number 2: Hello

I am twenty-something years old, and I STILL, to this day, get just as excited about Christmas as I did when I was younger...maybe even more.  This year is different though.  This year, we get to announce what our No.2 will be!

Here's the scoop...

At 11.5 weeks (before I had all that nonsense happen) I had a regular appointment, and my dr. did an ultrasound.  I told her I wasn't ready to know yet, but Jarrod kept pushing her to tell us and kept saying it didn't matter, he knew we were having a girl. D-O-R-K. The umbilical cord kept getting in the way (I kept telling her it was No. 2's penis), but she was able to see what she needed to see.  Number Two is a...

SWEET LITTLE GIRL!

Jarrod knew all along, but I had been convinced we were having a boy! I had minimal morning sickness (with Elliot, I had it all day every day for 24 weeks).  This one seemed different, but then again I guess every pregnancy is different!  Excitement seemed to wash over me...I never had the close bond of a sister, and I've been so excited to give that to EBaby.  Plus, they'll have been born in the same season, so we can reuse all her clothes!  Double win!

So, next came the daunting task of picking out a name! With Elliot, we knew right away what her name would be (Jarrod told me before we even got married that if we EVER had a girl, her name was going to be Elliot).  This time, we had absolutely NO idea what we would name her.  Do we go with another "boy" name or do we switch it up and go super feminine? Finally, after much deliberation, we decided on a name.

Two weeks later, in the midst of No.2's mayhem, I had another ultra sound with Dr. B.  After she checked on the bleeding, she wanted to see about the baby.  This time she had a much easier time seeing the her since the umbilical cord moved to more over the baby's shoulder than between her legs.  She was so perfect...10 little fingers...10 little toes...a cute button nose...and her penis never fell off!

Miss something?  Maybe the following pictures will help you understand a little better!

E Baby holding the secret of what's inside...

...expertly untying the ribbon...

...and opening the box...

...and this was inside!

Still don't get it?!  Well then, let me introduce to you our littlest love...




EDWARD GLEN CONNER



We are beyond blessed!  Jarrod and I come from a family of boys...Jarrod has three girl cousins (out of about uh million), and I'm the ONLY girl on either side of my family (this is not me admitting to being the favorite child/grandchild or being spoiled rotten!).  There was no way we were going to have a girl!  Once we had Elliot, Jarrod was convinced we were ONLY going to have girls and he had even convinced me.

I got to have the little girl who loves the "Four P's" - Princesses, Purses, Ponies, and all things Pretty!  She and I have a bond that Jarrod will never get, and I always prayed Jarrod would be blessed with the same.  Now, he will have the son he can teach to: throw a football, play with dump trucks, and most importantly, how to tease his sister without getting caught! :)

My heart is full. Words could never explain it.

Next week I'll post our family pictures...they're pretty awesome!

Until then...
Jarrod, Jill, Elliot, and Edward

P.S. I'm pretty sure Dr. B told Jarrod we were having a girl to make him be quiet since she knew I wasn't ready to find out just yet.  But who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment