Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life Lately

We've been living in "Da Boot" for nearly four months now, so I figured it was time to update you on our life lately...

October:
Our first month here was full of ups, downs, highs, and lows. Jarrod got settled in with his new position at LAPCO, while Elliot and I tried to stay on our somewhat schedule.
Two weeks after our move, we got to go back to Houston and stay with Joseph, Lauren, and Carson. We took the kids to the pumpkin patch where E Baby got to dress up as a ladybug and take TONS of adorable pictures!

In October, we also met our neighbors! Barbara has been such a blessing to me, and I'm pretty sure she is trying to fatten me up with her AMAZING banana bread. Oh yeah, it's vegan too :)!!!!!

November:
After finding out Elliot lost an entire pound in two months, we started supplementing her with formula. Since starting her on solids, shes become such a good eater, that we have yet to come across something she truly dislikes!

November also brought us Elliot's first "big" vacation! Jarrod had work in Chicago, so she and I tagged along for the week! While we stayed at the Sofitel, we visited Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Michigan Ave, & Giordarno's, but my favorite part was getting to visit with my sweet cousins Robb and Kate, and their precious daughter Libby!


December was a very bittersweet month for us. We lost our beloved PawPaw Conner to lung cancer on 12-6-11. He was diagnosed in July, so seeing him not have to suffer anymore was a huge relief, but I know we all wished we had a little more time with him.

In December are two of my very favorite birthdays...Jarrod and Jesus! We spent Jarrod's birthday with another weekend in Texas while also celebrating Christmas with his extended families! I have never seen so many people from the same family in one room!

Christmas weekend took us back to Texas for the third weekend in December! We spent Friday and Saturday with Jarrod's family and came back to Louisiana to spend the rest of the weekend with my family. We all had a blast celebrating Elliot's very first Christmas! She got lots of great toys, books, clothes, and movies from her sweet grandparents, aunts, and uncles!

January: For New Year's Eve and Day, Jarrod, Elliot and I stayed snuggled up at the Montagne Mansion recovering from the mayhem also known as December 2011! On the 2nd, we too Elliot to the zoo for the first time to see the lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!). She had an absolute blast and enjoyed an up close and personal view of Bambi AKA Sausage!

Jarrod still seems to be enjoying his job, and he never fails to bring me home a "you'll never guess what happened at work today," story!

E Baby is growing and developing so rapidly, that I literally feel every time I blink she's hit another milestone! Her favorite word is "Mama" and she has become such a little ham! She has started reacting to me laughing at her, and I can already tell she will be our little entertainer!

I am coaching club volleyball this spring and will be coaching with my high school volleyball coach (another Jill) this fall at Ascension Episcopal School. My heart still longs to be in Texas, and it will forever be "home," but right now I am concentrating on being the best wife and mom possible.

I believe that this is all for now. I will post pictures and more updates soon...maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment